Thursday, June 12, 2008

Two Roads

Two roads diverge in a wood and I, I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference. The road has made a small difference in my personal life but not in the world. When I was younger I used to be scared of getting on a plane because I thought it would crash because the pilot would fall asleep at the controls. I would have never imagined that I had to worry about it being hijacked and being used as a weapon. But as we get older and change so does our fears.
As I get older and the world becomes a scarier place to live, nowadays there are so many things to worry about. So many dangers and fears we have to live with. The media just makes it worse. For example if you were to watch the 11 o’clock news for week I guarantee that ninety percent of it is bad news, crime, lies, and scandal. If we are always living in fear that what is the meaning of life.
In the dangerous world we live in today, people find comfort or solace in their faith, but that can also be an extreme and create fear. I think religion has and will continue to play a big role in the world. People question their faith because they ask “Why God would let this happen?” By losing our faith, we are making things worse. I do believe the proverb that “Someone who doesn’t stand for something will fall for anything. To have faith means we have to believe.
The world is in crisis. To change the world would take unity, peace, and understanding. Although it would be impossible for one man to change the whole world by himself, if I could change the world, I would. When it comes to my world, I can make a difference.
For some reason everyone thinks the next president of the United States is going to save the world. I don’t believe there is anything any of them can do. Every time I see these debates all I hear are words. None of them are about action and have a real plan to bring change. I think the reason the world is the way is today is because of greed. Everyone just thinks about themselves and what is in it for them. For example the gas companies, do they really need billion dollar profits?
Some people say that we can create a new reality if enough people believe. We can “manifest” our intentions if we think we can. And only we as people can decide whether we can make the world a better and safe place to live. Unity, peace and understanding equal change. Nasir Jones once said “The world is yours” which doesn’t mean one man owns the world, but we each own a piece and we have a responsibility to do our part.

No comments: